Friday, March 4, 2011

A Friday Prayer

I realized last week how much I need these Friday days of rest from the blog. I went 13 days straight the past two weeks on the blog, which is a good reminder of why I built in the day off to begin with. :)

Please take time today to reflect on the beautiful truth we've read in God's Word this week. I've loved getting into the Word with you all this week, as we have gotten to see the gospel from multiple different angles. It is always a blessing for me to dig into the riches of Scripture with my brothers and sisters. Thank you for faithfully reading with me.

Here is a brief prayer written by Thomas Cranmer (1489-1556), Archbishop of Canterbury, for the Book of Common Prayer. The English is old; I've included the original, and then an edited version with a bit more updated language. Feel free to use either.
Almighty God, who hast knit together thy elect in one communion and fellowship in the mystical body of thy Son Christ our Lord, grant us grace so to follow thy saints in all virtues and godly living, that we may come to those unspeakable joys which thou hast prepared for all them that unfeignedly love thee; through Jesus Christ. Amen.
Updated:

Almighty God, you have knit together your chosen people into one community and fellowship in the mystical body of your Son, Christ our Lord. Please, grant us grace to follow your holy ones in all the virtues and godly living, that we may come to the unspeakable joys which you have prepared for those who wholeheartedly love you. We pray this through Christ Jesus our Lord. Amen. 



No comments:

Post a Comment